Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Altec Lansing H1505 query

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Phil Jeffery's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I am fabricating a throat for my Altec Lansing H1505 15 cell horn. The mounting flange on the horn has four threaded holes. Does anyone know the thread diameter/pitch? I live in a metric country (Australia), so imperial sizes are hard to browse for, and the horn's too bloody heavy to take with me to the fixings shop anyway!

    Thanks in advance,
    Phil

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Phil,

    Bolt Size ? All I can do is guess that it's, 1/4" - 20 .

    ( FWIW; I looked at a pic from a "saved eBay sale" , to make the guess )

    <> Earl K

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Phil,

    If you or anyone else knows if the thread is the same as the 1803 horn, I can go measure it. They're kind of buried so I won't try to dig them out until someone answers.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Phil Jeffery's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi guys,

    Thanks for the responses thus far! I have included a photo showing the holes with an M6(a little smaller than 1/4") bolt next to one of them. The holes are roughly 7 to 8mm diameter, pitch unknown. A 1/4" bolt slips right through.

    I can always load the horn in the boot (trunk) and check out thread sizes from the parking lot of my local fastener supplier, so don't go to any great effort Carl. But thanks for the offer!

    Regards,
    Phil

    P1000304

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Phil Jeffery's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I thought I'd attached a photo....the link FWIW is http://www.uploadit.org/my.php?image...//P1000304.JPG

    And sorry for mis-spelling your name Cal

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On my 1005's, the ones that hold the throat to the horn are 5/16 dia with 24 threads/inch.

    Jim N

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Phil Jeffery's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Excellent! Thanks Jim; it's hard to imagine they'd use different threads. I'll get some today and see how they fit..it's only a dollar or so in any case, but it's good to have a starting point.

    Thanks all and regards,
    Phil

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.